Monday, October 27, 2008

Its a Time Machine McFly...Finally Diary Pages.

Go with me now to a crazy day in May 1993. Jurrasic Park was the must see movie of the year, the debut of the X-Files, and I was in love with Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. Oh and this was the year for great decision in Waco Texas and Crystal Pepsi. And Becky was 14. She helps us with her top 4 movies of the year. Click on the page to enlarge.
















Now to June 1995. Friends and ER were lighting up the small screen. And I want to trade you all my pogs for a copy of Toy Story. My future Love was deeply and madly in love with Ryan Roberts...and they had their first kiss. Good for them...We have already met but I haven't made it as a journal entry yet. Interesting note...4 months from now Becky and I had our first kiss...lol



















Now this will be the last for now but this is for my friend Bryant. He was wondering if he was ever mentioned in Becky's journal and I found a good one. Becky has started to get some doubts about her new best boyfriend and has her sights set on another. Guess what...it's not me. Good times. I get there one of these days. Stay tuned for the continued story.























14 comments:

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

Holy cow, man -- it takes a lot of chutzpah for a guy to publish his wife's diary pages.

All those memories: Horny Ryan...Scotty and the nooses...braces...The Cutting Edge...

Quinn

The Beckstrom's said...

Thanks for the editing love. Its fun to see how RETARDED I was back then.

I love you love.

Amylee said...

"I like him with all of my heart."

I was never that retarded.

Lisa said...

Wow, I completely remember all of this! The HOURS we spent analyzing!! haha. And am I mistaken, but did I remember that you crushed on Mike Larsen? Wow.....this is so entertaining.

Utah Man said...

I tell you what, it takes a great wife to let you post her diary pages online...Yes, she was quite the youth back in the day. I wanted to share her early days so you can see why I fell in love with her. And have a good chuckle at the same time.

Utah Man said...

Just you wait for the next installment...when she meets me. Now there is some passion. Way to go High School.

BeautyFul said...

I crushed on Mike Larsen for a while too, perhaps sure you heard all about that, it didn't end well...

I even liked Ryan back in elementary school... If I recall correctly he was listed on my sixth grade dance card... oooo!

As for Bryant, sorry buddy, you were always just one of my good friends... In all those times we hung out together in junior high i never knew you had a romantic side; that must have developed in high school!

HILARIOUS!!!!

BeautyFul said...

Hey, btw, I think I figured out why I have so few memories of you two dating... because it was after I went away to Island Park and college and living in Ogden...

I wasn't around for it...

Although when I caught glimpses of it, I was totally jealous of how much fun you were having and how Jeff got to tag-along too... Yes Jeff, I was jealous of you... eat that!

Shelly said...

How funny Becky--nice trip down memory lane!! I didn't keep a journal/diary very regularly because I'd always read it later and think I was such a nerd, but it's so fun to look back on.

Nate and Alyssa said...

Oh, how I remember those days. Never mind that I was never mentioned in any of those pages. Even though I made notes on some of them. And was always the shoulder to cry on. I guess that is what happens when you are the loser "BRAVE". Good times!!

Chrystal said...

How fun! I liked Ryan Roberts for a while too and hung out with him and Bryant and then later Bryant was in love with Michelle Hatch and later than that Ryan dated my best friend Ginger. Such fun memories. How is Scotty these days? I miss him - he was too fun! Thanks for this walk down memory lane - I can't wait to see the pages where the two of you hook up!

BeautyFul said...

I am starting to get impatient Kurty-poo!

BeautyFul said...

WHERE ARE YOU!!!?????

BeautyFul said...

That's it... I'm taking you off my list of "Blogs I Frequent"...

You're fired!