Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Master of Debate

I have a really hard time with the Presidential Debates. To me it is just like all of the bull crap you tell your potential boss in a job interview. For example. . . when I was in high school I was in the student senate because I was the co-founder of the bass masters club. On my resume I would say that I have Governmental experience. Anyway, when I watch the candidates debate I get the feeling that they are imbellishing their resumes just a bit. I wonder if any of them were challenged as to what they were saying as to how they would accomplish it if we would find out that their form of managing multiple tasks at once means...I used to be a dog walker. Either way my favorite part about the debate was when MC Tom Brokaw aka DJ Dynasty Handbag asked the candidates to answer yes or no to whether or not Russia is an up and coming threat. Yes or No answer was all he asked for...then Obama rattled off a huge answer...not a yes or no and McCain said Maybe followed by a huge commentary. Thanks for listening to instructions fellas. I am so excited for the next 4 years of buildup to Armageddon...Either way we are screwed. Welcome to the shortbus gentlemen. You dont get any fruitsnacks for not following directions.


So everybody but McCain and Obama get the chance to see the reviews of over 4024 snacks. Eat up chubby http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?category_code=22

8 comments:

The Beckstrom's said...

Can't wait til the end of the world...bring it on!

Amylee said...

My favorite was when Obama said, "we're not here to point fingers" after going off on McCain for no less than 30 seconds. When is twinkle time again?

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

Hey, you just made me realize that my participation in the Bass Masters Club and the Future Bowling Chickens of America Club are not represented on my resume! Let's see...I'll call that "Fish and Wildlife experience."

To further your 'job interview' analogy further: you can't ace a job in an interview, but you sure can blow a job in an interview. Both guys are so scared to 'blow it' during the debate that they have to speak in generalities, or use other rhetoric to minimize how their comments can be taken out of context. Yeah, that's right: I just dropped the word 'rhetoric' in everyday conversation. Poli Sci major. Holla!

Quinn

Utah Man said...

I will see your rhetoric and raise you a polemic...thats right, I said polemic. Look it up Bioches!

Lizz said...

I feel compelled to comment, but I don't have any fancy words to use. I guess I will head to the back of the bus...

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

I can't believe polemic is a word. I bow before your greatness, Kurt Beckstrom.

Quinn

Rachelle & Jared Crowder said...

Amen! That's all I have to say about that!

abigail said...

You know... Tim rode a short short bus in high school. They called it a peanut bus. I don't think they passed out friut snacks though.